Volusia County Government and Chamber Alliance Partner to Provide PPE.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
As part of the Relaunch Volusia efforts, county officials are partnering with the Chamber Alliance to purchase Protective Equipment in bulk quantities to assemble approximately 7,000 supply kits.
These kits will include masks, gloves, sanitizers, paper towels, and cleaning products.
According to a release, PPE kits will be distributed through the Volusia County Chamber Alliance from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on dates and locations as follows:
- July 6 –Port Orange South Daytona Chamber, 3431 S. Ridgewood Ave.
- July 7 –Daytona Regional Chamber, 126 E. Orange Ave.
- July 8 –115 Canal St., New Smyrna Beach
- July 9 –Ormond Performing Arts Center, 339 U.S. 1; The Center At Deltona, 1640 Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd.
- July 10 –Wayne G. Sanborn Activity & Events Center, 815 S. Alabama Ave., Deland
“This program is a great opportunity for us to partner with stakeholders to best assist our area businesses that are so vital to the economic livelihood of our area,” said the county’s economic development director, Helga van Eckert. “We hope that the PPE kits will provide establishments with some of the protective equipment they need to ensure the safety of employees and customers and aid in the development of a resilient community plan to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19.”
Businesses may receive up to two kits and must prove eligibility with a business card indicating they represent a Volusia County business, as well as sign that they received the product. Businesses may visit any site. For additional information, call 386-248-8048.