79th Annual Bike Week Begins Friday, March 6, Here’s What You Need to Know.
Written by Kristen Schmutz – Belden Communications
With the 79th Annual Bike Week Events upon us, Daytona Beach Police Department wants residents to prepare for over 500,00 visitors in the greater Daytona Beach area between March 6th and 15th.
DBPD warns of heavy crowd areas (especially at night) at:
-Daytona International Speedway
-Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard
-North Beach Street
Traffic will be heavily impacted, and the police department has the following Traffic tips/advice for the Daytona Beach area roadways.
- Those wishing to enter/exit beachside are encouraged to use Seabreeze/Oakridge or International Speedway Blvd’s
- Excessive noise from loud pipes is prohibited by Florida Law and Daytona Beach City Ordinance. Violations will be enforced.
- “Motorcycles Only” will be in effect for Mainstreet. Other vehicles will be sent elsewhere or must have special permission to access.
- Motorcyclists arriving/leaving festival areas via residential streets should proceed with caution due to pedestrian traffic.
- Resident and Business access will be accommodated
- Police will enforce designated restrictions in specific areas especially beachside. Check signage before you park.
- It may be necessary to restrict traffic on Main Street Bridge during peak event times to facilitate movement of emergency vehicles
- When event traffic dictates specific traffic patterns will be put into effect to facilitate movement in/around the festival areas.