Volusia County Provides an Additional 117,500 Free Face Masks.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Last week the county distributed 119,000 surgical masks at nine different sites. Now, Volusia County Public Protection is distributing another 113,000 face masks at an additional eight locations.
According to a release, residents may stop by any participating location and pick up two masks per person during regular operating hours. Pickup sites include:
- Daytona Beach Regional Library, 105 E. Magnolia Ave.
- DeBary Public Library, 200 N. Charles R. Beall Blvd.
- DeLand Regional Library, 130 E. Howry Ave.
- De Leon Springs Fire Station 41, 125 W. New York Ave.
- Deltona Regional Library, 2150 Eustace Ave.
- Edgewater Public Library, 103 W. Indian River Blvd.
- Holly Hill Police Department, 1065 Ridgewood Ave. *Pickup available between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Hope Place Public Library, 1310 Wright St., Daytona Beach
- John H. Dickerson Heritage Library, 411 S. Keech St., Daytona Beach
- New Smyrna Beach Housing Authority, 600 Greenlawn St., New Smyrna Beach
- Oak Hill Public Library, 125 E. Halifax Ave.
- Ormond Beach Regional Library, 30 S. Beach St., Ormond Beach
- Osteen Fire Station 36, 200 State Road 415
- Pierson Town Hall, 106 S. Center St., Pierson
- Port Orange Regional Library, 1005 City Center Circle
- Salvation Army, 1240 S. High St., DeLand
- Shores Community Center, 3000 Bellemead Drive, Daytona Beach Shores
Volusia County also provided 4,500 masks to five nonprofit agencies for distribution to the homeless community.
Votran is still distributing face masks on all buses, the Transfer Plaza in Daytona Beach, and the Votran Administrative Office in South Daytona.
The mask giveaway is part of the Step-Up Volusia program, a countywide initiative to reinforce the continuing need for residents to practice handwashing, physical distancing, and the wearing of face coverings. The face masks were provided by the State of Florida.