Volusia County to Distribute Additional 100,000 Face Masks.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
In continued efforts to help individuals stay safe from the Coronavirus, county officials have announced that they will be distributing another 100,000 surgical face masks.
According to a release put out by the county, residents may stop by these locations and pick up two masks per person during regular operating hours:
- Daytona Beach Regional Library, 105 E. Magnolia Ave., Daytona Beach
- DeLand Regional Library, 130 E. Howry Ave., DeLand
- Deltona Regional Library, 2150 Eustace Ave., Deltona
- Hope Place Public Library, 1310 Wright St., Daytona Beach
- John H. Dickerson Heritage Library, 411 S. Keech St., Daytona Beach
- New Smyrna Beach Housing Authority, 600 Greenlawn St., New Smyrna Beach
- Orange City Library, 148 Albertus Way, Orange City
- Ormond Beach Regional Library, 30 S. Beach St., Ormond Beach
- Pierson Library, 115 N. Volusia Ave., Pierson
- Salvation Army, 1240 S. High St., DeLand
The distribution of the added face masks is a part of the Step-Up Volusia program. The program is a countywide initiative to reinforce the continuing need for residents to practice handwashing, social distancing, and the wearing of face coverings.
The face masks have been provided to the county by the State of Florida.
The county has distributed over 500,000 face masks within the area to date.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!