Fight the Bite: County to Host Tire Amnesty Events
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Volusia County Mosquito Control is hosting two Tire Amnesty events throughout the county.
According to a release, the first event will be held from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, April 9, at Osteen Road and Bridge, located at 200 State Road 415. The second event will be held from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 10, at Volusia County Mosquito Control, located at 801 South St., New Smyrna Beach.
The event is free, and only residential tires will be accepted. There is a limit of 20 tires per person.
Volusia County employees continue to practice social distancing and are required to wear masks when working within close contact with others.
In addition to disposing of old tires, residents can take other measures to help fight the bite include tipping containers at least weekly removing standing water, tossing containers that are not in use, and wearing mosquito repellent to avoid mosquito bites.
Additional tips to prevent mosquito bites include:
- Toss bottles, cans, pots, and broken appliances.
- Turn over empty pots and buckets.
- Replace water in birdbaths and pet dishes at least once a week.
- Don’t overwater the lawn.
- Clean out eaves, troughs, and gutters.
- Drain water from boats and tarps.
- Maintain the proper chemistry in swimming pools.
- Empty plastic pools when not in use.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!